We woke up today and the sun was shining!!! The weather has been pretty dreary, raining almost everyday. I have to remind myself that it is winter here and rain is Africa's precipitation!
Today we drove to Table Mountain. It was a perfect day to be outside and enjoy the sights. The ride to Table Mountain was very beautiful, we saw a combination of the city, moutains, and the water. Table Mountain was filled with tourists and the line to the cable car was so long. The cable car was really awesome. On the car, we ride up to the top of the mountain in which we overlooked the entire city. It reminded me of when Maia and I hiked up Harder Kulm in Switzerland and saw the city. It was by far the most beautiful sight I had ever seen!!! ALl of us hiked around the top of the mountain, taking pictures along the way. We had the option of hiking down the hill or taking the cable car. I opted for the hike and it was probably the best decision. It was by far the most rewarding, meaningful and challeg\ngin experience. Many of the rocks were strapped together with barbed wire to prevent loose rocks from falling during an avalanche. The hike down was absolutely amazing! I mainly walked with my friend Betsy, which was great. She is a lovely girl with a big heart and we have a lot in common. We stopped many times to take pictures and soak up the amazing view. There were a few girls who had a hard time and some were trying to overcome their fear of hights. It was rewarding to see everyone complete the hike and it was awesome how suuportive we all are of each other. We are definitely one big team!
I wish I could write more, but again we are rushing to our next destination. I move in with my host family on Monday and start teaching Tuesday! I simply cannot wait. As much as I love Deo Gratia, the bed and breakfast, with all of the girls, I am ready for some down time and to meet my family and finally work with students.
I will update when I can. Hope all is well, I miss and love you all
Take care
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so jealous! Table mountain is a great site! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteSounds absolutely awesome! This is such a great experience for you! Have fun! Love and miss you!
ReplyDelete